Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Texting Away

After reading this article I seen some points that I agreed with, however I think some of the points were blown out of proportion. I for one love my cell phone and the use of text messages just as the next person. I do agree with the fact people not just students are addicted to cells and texting its everywhere people can not even sit in a restaurant and eat a meal with out looking at there phones. I do not think cells should be allowed during class because it interferes with learning, but its hard to stop it completely if teachers try to say no cell phones students are just going to go against the rules and find ways to do it anyways. As a teacher you can find an agreement with the students for example let them use there phones during down times, breaks etc. If students are given some privileges they may be willing to obey and respect the rules. I had a professor at my junior college that would count you absent for the day if your phone went off. Either way you are still going to have students who will break the rules, but I think there are better ways of dealing with the problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment